the Netherlands ／Graphic Design
Yvonne Nelson | Brand Design
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Simple, special, strong design aimed at making brands and ideas grow.
• Thrives for quality, clarity and impact, combining strategy and design.
• Award-winning art director + designer specialised in branding, print + digital.
• +20 years in the business.
• Brand experience: Nike, HBO, Kellogg’s, Unilever, United Nations and more.
• Advertising experience: BBDO and Leo Burnett.
• Education: BFA Graphic Design. Post graduate certificate in Screenwriting.
• Member BNO/Association of Dutch Designers.
• What I do: Creative strategy and brand design. I bridge a business plan into a lean creative strategy, and then design the brand’s visual system. Key applications follow - from print and digital to advertising. Additionally, I design books and publications. I also write, edit copy, and develop copy strategies.
• How I can help you: Communication strategy: Clarifying where you want to go and how to get there. Visual branding: Shaping a strong, recognisable and engaging core identity. Print and digital design: Building the brand’s world throughout all touch points.
Gemeente Amsterdam (City of Amsterdam), Office of Monuments and Archeology (BMA), book.
A 250-page book that documents Amsterdam’s architectural heritage: an overview of 900 buildings built between 1850 and 1940.
Iron Ox: strategy, brand identity, advertising, and website for the future of farming - a San Franci
Assignment: the commission involved developing a creative and advertising strategy, auditing the competition, choosing a positioning and refining the target group, developing a USP and payoff, creating a brand identity system, advertising banners and website. Design solution: simple yet sophisticated, fresh and modern, strong and direct.
Life is Out There: strategy and personal branding for an adventure speaker and author.
Strategy focus: to inspire, empower and enable people and organisations to innovate and to create a better future. Design solution: strong and direct, spirited and modern.
Nike Women Netherlands: customised brochures for European retail network.
Nike and Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam supplied athletes’ images. Designed for Nike together with Buchanan, Lowe in Amsterdam.
Nomadic International Business Psychology: Identity and branding for a business psychology consultan
The commission involved designing the logo, identity and branding: website, collateral and exhibition design. Design solution: minimal, bright, Bauhaus-inspired.
SDS USA: Identity and branding for a B2B mainframe software business.
The commissions involved designing the logo and visual branding, including: stationery, website concept, collateral, business papers, advertising, exhibition design. Design solution: minimal, bold, and energetic.
UN Volunteers/UNDP 2014 Annual Report, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The publication targets a broad group of readers: grassroots, management and officers, stakeholders and other partner UN agencies. Design solution: a multi-page publication, fresh, modern and sober, with a strong UNV branding.
Abacus Cabinetry: Strategy and brand identity for an artisan cabinetry maker based in the USA.
The strategy focused on Abacus’ strong innovative design and smart price. Design solution: reflect stability, structure, and openness. Bright, energetic orange puts everything together. Branding items included: logo, identity, stationery, fliers, ephemera, banners, showroom concepts, and façade concepts.